Hypnobirthing Australia Supportive Caregivers Training
Are you a midwife, obstetrician, doula or other professional working with pregnant women? Would you like to know how you can best support your hypnobirthing clients?
Are you curious about hypnobirthing and wanting to know what it is all about?
We are all working with the same goal in mind – to help birthing mothers and babies achieve a safe and positive birth experience. This is what I am passionate about, and I know that many of you are too! Join me for this one day workshop to learn more about the philosophy and tools of hypnobirthing so that you can best support parents who choose to use this method of birthing!
Wednesday 8th April 2020 from 9:30am-5:00pm at Mache Coworking in the CBD.
Hosted by Hannah Willsmore - Registered/Endorsed Midwife and award winning Hypnobirthing Australia Practitioner/Childbirth Educator.
Caregivers play an integral role throughout pregnancy and birth, and the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program recognises the difference that supportive caregivers can make!
That is why we designed this course especially for you – midwives, obstetricians, doctors, childbirth educators, doulas, physiotherapists, yoga teachers or anyone who works with women during their pregnancy - who wish to learn the basic philosophy and tools of hypnobirthing so that you can best support parents who choose to use this method of birthing. Plus this course is endorsed for 10 CPD points by the Australian College of Midwives!
This intensive training is specifically designed to equip caregivers with an understanding of the hypnobirthing philosophy, language, and tools that you can utilise in your very important role of supporting birthing mothers and families.
In our ‘Supportive Caregivers Training’ we will cover:
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of fear and how it affects labour (psychological, emotional, physical)
- How caregivers can best help and support hypnobirthing parents
- What is hypnosis and how it is used through pregnancy and birth
- Reprogramming the subconscious – conditioning techniques used
- The importance of a calm birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Introducing our toolkit for birth – breathing, visualisation, relaxation
- Self-hypnosis techniques – how parents use them through pregnancy and birth
- The power of triggers, anchors, suggestions and self-hypnosis during birth
- Prompts that can be used during birth
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication, negotiation and respecting women’s choices
- Special circumstances
- Releasing our own fears and reservations
- Techniques and tools to manage stress. Deep relaxation techniques for caregivers (caregivers need nurturing too!)
Not only will you learn how to support hypnobirthing parents, but you will also learn how you can support yourself with relaxation and techniques to easily de-stress!
Participants also receive:
Certificate of completion from Hypnobirthing Australia™
Official “Hypnobirthing Australia Supportive Caregivers” logo for your own use on website/social media/promotional material etc.
10 CPD points from ACM for midwives and student midwives
This one day course will be held on Wednesday 8th April 2020 from 9:30am-5:00pm at Mache Coworking in the CBD.
Cost: Early bird $175, Standard $195, Students $150. (Bookings essential).
Early Bird pricing ends on the 20th March 2020.
Location: Mache Coworking - 451 Pulteney St, Adelaide SA 5000
Note: Cost includes all course materials, morning and afternoon tea, lunch and light refreshments. Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to another course in extenuating circumstances.
Participants of this intensive training are not qualified to teach the Hypnobirthing Australia™ Program – this training is designed for support only and will enable you to have an excellent understanding of hypnobirthing and how you can best support women using these techniques for their birth.
If you have any questions please email Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org. This course will be running again in late 2020 - if you would like to register your interest for this course please email Hannah.