May Hypnobirthing Australia™ Supportive Caregivers Training
Time & Location
About the Event
Caregivers play an integral role throughout pregnancy and birth, and the Hypnobirthing Australia™ program recognises the difference that supportive caregivers can make!
That is why we designed this course especially for you – midwives, obstetricians, doctors, childbirth educators, doulas, physiotherapists, yoga teachers or anyone who works with women during their pregnancy - who wish to learn the basic philosophy and tools of hypnobirthing so that you can best support parents who choose to use this method of birthing. Plus this course is endorsed for 10 CPD points by the Australian College of Midwives!
This intensive training is specifically designed to equip caregivers with an understanding of the hypnobirthing philosophy, language, and tools that you can utilise in your very important role of supporting birthing mothers and families.
In our ‘Supportive Caregivers Training’ we will cover:
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of fear and how it affects labour (psychological, emotional, physical)
- How caregivers can best help and support hypnobirthing parents
- What is hypnosis and how it is used through pregnancy and birth
- Reprogramming the subconscious
– conditioning techniques used
- The importance of a calm birthing environment
- The language for empowered birthing
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- Introducing our toolkit for birth – breathing, visualisation, relaxation
- Self-hypnosis techniques – how parents use them through pregnancy and birth
- The power of triggers, anchors, suggestions and self-hypnosis during birth
- Prompts that can be used during birth
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication, negotiation and respecting women’s choices
- Special circumstances
- Releasing our own fears and reservations
- Techniques and tools to manage stress. Deep relaxation techniques for caregivers (caregivers need nurturing too!)
Not only will you learn how to support hypnobirthing parents, but you will also learn how you can support yourself with relaxation and techniques to easily de-stress!
Participants also receive:
- Certificate of completion from Hypnobirthing Australia™
- Resource folio with self-hypnosis mp3
- Official “Hypnobirthing Australia Supportive Caregivers” logo for your own use on website/social media/promotional material etc.
- 10 CPD points from ACM for midwives and student midwives
This course will be held on Friday 28th May 2021 9:15am - 5pm at The Lights Centre - 244 - 270 East Parkway Lightsview, SA 5085.
Cost: Early bird $175, Standard $195, Students $150. (Bookings essential).
Early Bird pricing closes 28th April 2021.
Note: Cost includes all course materials, morning and afternoon tea and lunch. Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to another course in extenuating circumstances.
Participants of this intensive training are not qualified to teach the Hypnobirthing Australia™ Program – this training is designed for support only and will enable you to have an excellent understanding of hypnobirthing and how you can best support women using these techniques for their birth.
If you have any questions please email Hannah at email@example.com. This course will be running again inlate 2021 - if you would like to register your interest for this course please email Hannah.