THE ULTIMATE SUPPORT OVER THE FIRST SIX WEEKS POST BIRTH AS YOU TRANSITION INTO YOUR NEW ROLE AS A MAMA.
HOLISTIC IN HOME MIDWIFERY SUPPORT TO SEE YOU AND YOUR NEWBORN BABY FLOURISH!
Are you feeling overwhelmed when you think about taking your new baby home and wanting specialised support and guidance during this time?
Are you trying everything to prepare for breastfeeding and those newborn days and still finding that you can’t find a place where you feel confident and fully prepared?
We would love to support you!
Here at Adelaide Postnatal Midwifery we are passionate about providing holistic, modern midwifery services to the women of Adelaide! Quality postnatal support is a necessity, not a luxury. This is such an important time in your life, and you deserve to have someone supporting you every step of the way.
Did you know that the World Health Organization (WHO) states that 'The postnatal period is a critical phase in the lives of mothers and newborn babies. Yet, this is the most neglected period for the provision of quality care.'
Our in-home Postnatal Midwifery Package supports your transition into motherhood - you will receive professional support and guidance every step of the way. Breastfeeding may be natural, but it isn't always easy! Our midwives have the training and expertise to support you thrive, not just survive.
You will receive continuity of care from one of our incredible midwives during this time (which means no conflicting or out-of-date advice and opinions from different health providers) . I have hand picked my team in order to provide you with the best support possible. Georgina, Nerissa and Kelly are experienced midwives and all round lovely humans - here at Adelaide Postnatal Midwifery we are all about support and are 100% judgement free on the choices you make for yourself, your baby and your family.
As Endorsed Midwives we are trained to provide care to both you and your baby - our care has a holistic focus, however we are trained to provide prescriptions for medications and order blood tests if required. We work in collaboration with your GP and/or midwife/obstetrician (if applicable) and ensure that they are kept in the loop!
Feedback from previous clients is that they have loved having one person providing consistent advice and support during this time, and knowing that their private midwife is only at the end of the phone if any questions arise between appointments is very reassuring.
'Knowing that I would have support from a private midwife when I came home from hospital was a huge weight off my mind. Our regular appointments were such a great way to get used to the early days of motherhood because I knew I could ask just about anything! I knew that not only was my baby being cared for in a medical sense, but that I was receiving care too which made such a difference. My husband found this support from you to be very beneficial to both of us. I felt like I could relax a lot more because I knew I could always contact you - the text support was soooooo good on the days I wasn’t seeing you!'
'I wasn’t sure if I should book your package or not as I have family and friends who are midwives and lactation consultants so I wasn’t sure if I needed it, but it was by far the best decision I made. Knowing that I had someone to communicate with at any time during the first few weeks of motherhood and having the continuity of care was what I needed. Nerissa’s calm demeanor reassured us and made us feel comfortable as we adjusted to becoming parents.It was hard saying goodbye to her yesterday after our last appointment.'
'Having the Postnatal Package was amazing. It was a great piece of mind knowing we had our midwife visiting our house each week, not having to leave the house but also felt supported with whatever was our new hurdle for that week postpartum.'
So what exactly does our Postnatal Package include?
- 1 x 90 min antenatal education session to get you off on the right foot where we discuss everything you can do now to prepare for a successful breastfeeding and postnatal recovery. Your questions will be answered and we will create a plan for your postpartum care.
- 5 x 60-90 min in home postnatal appointments which begin in the first few days after your baby is born and continue throughout the first 6 weeks postpartum. We will support you with feeding your baby, any breastfeeding challenges (including but not limited to nipple damage, low milk supply, poor attachment etc) newborn sleep concerns, physical recovery from birth (including wound care if applicable), emotional wellbeing and also how your partner is feeling as this is a huge transition for them too!
- Bulk billed phone calls in between your midwife appointments if needed for additional support/advice.
- Unlimited text support for any breastfeeding, settling or sleep questions 8am-6pm during the 6 week postnatal period - this comes in super handy and is great for between appointments!
- PLUS you will receive access to Hannah's Online Positive Breastfeeding + Postpartum Course to assist in your preparation for breastfeeding and parenthood (valued at $97)
Investment: $1600 (payment plan available). Medicare rebates available - you will receive approximately $388-510 in Medicare rebates.
You are the perfect client for us if:
You're having your first baby and really want to breastfeed, but have heard so many stories from friends and family who struggled.
Are a second, third or fourth time mama who struggled during your previous postpartum/breastfeeding journey (we see you!)
You are overwhelmed when you think about the responsibility of your new role as a mama.
You want to avoid lots of conflicting advice from different health providers, and to avoid having to retell your story each time you meet a new midwife/nurse.
You're freaking out about taking your baby home and don't know what to do!
You want someone there every step of the way with you who will provide judgement free, modern and solutions-focussed advice and support.
Our Midwifery Team